Kentriki Odos: Extreme weather conditions from 16th till 18th January
Kentriki Odos, informs the drivers that according to “Extreme weather conditions” announcement by the Hellenic National Meteorological service, a significant change in the weather conditions is expected from Saturday 16/01/2016 to Monday 18/01/2016. The main characteristics of this change will be local snowfalls in various areas of Greece, significant drop in temperature and strengthened winds. For more information you may also visit the site of EMY.
Kentriki Odos, has taken all necessary measures for the management of the abovementioned phenomena, aiming as always at providing the highest possible road safety levels. Nevertheless, in the road safety equation the role of the driver is starring. We remind you that, each vehicle must obtain snow chains, and when driving in adverse weather conditions you have to make sure to be calm and alerted.
If you need to use snow chains, please remember that:
- The chains are placed on the drive wheels.
- Your speed should not exceed 30 km/h.
- The chains have been properly placed when they look and are stretched.
When driving on snowy road:
- Turn on the car’s fog lamps to ensure good visibility and to allow others see you.
- Reduce speed and significantly increase the distance that you usually maintain from vehicles in front of you.
- Do not apply the brakes suddenly, do not accelerate suddenly and do not turn suddenly. You should be making slow and gentle manoeuvres.
- If you need to slow down, try doing so gradually by changing down through the gears (from 4th to 3rd to 2nd etc.).
- Do not attempt to overtake in icy or snowy roads, unless the front car is completely immobilized.
Finally, we remind you that driving and stopping on the Emergency Lane is dangerous for you and your vehicle. This lane should be used only in cases of emergency. Do not forget! Driving illegally on the Emergency lane obstructs the passage of emergency vehicles!
For more safety tips you may visit our website and as always at your disposal there are i) the
Customer Care Call Center for any information or question at 801 700 7000 (operating on weekdays and Saturdays from 08:00 to 20:00 and Sundays from 10:00 to 18:00 and ii) the 4-digit emergency telephone number, 1075, for emergency cases.